The Poitevints

Isaiah 26:3-4,8 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever,for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia

Thad and Elaine Married in June 2000

Monday, May 01, 2006

My little preacher man.....



Well, we are in between 32 and 33 weeks. There has been a lot of discussion as to whether I will make it to 40 weeks based on 1) how I look and 2) the fact that Kenan came so early ( 5 weeks) . I have to tell you, I will not complain if I go early but my midwives keep reminding me that 5 weeks is a little too early! Anyway, I had my last cotillion ball on Friday night and things went very well. Thad brought Kenan and now he keeps talking about the big party with all of the girls wanting to dance with him and Mommy talking into a microphone. It is an interesting play by play of the night. He was a little nervous when he first walked in....hundreds of people, loud music, etc. He took his little white Bible out of his diaper bag and carried it around the whole night almost like a security blanket. He looked like a little preacher because of how he was dressed and carrying the Bible. I walked downstairs the other day and he had his Bible open. It doesn't have pictures or anything but he was saying, "Jesus said, 'Little children come at me.'" It is nice to see he is at least learning some of those important concepts now. I've given up on the chance of him being potty trained before our new addition arrives. Right now I am just praying that he will adjust well to all of the changes. Thad had a week of vacation last week and they had a lot of time together. Kenan and I were both spoiled at the end of the week. Thad let me sleep in a couple of days and Kenan got his daddy's attention all day long. Tomorrow night is my parent reception and I will be able to take a small break from working at least for a couple of months. Hopefully I will get a little bit of rest before our little Will Kendrick gets here....oh yeah...I have a 2 1/2 year old. I won't be getting that much rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home