It's a ...........!

Well, it looks like Kenan will have a little brother, which means I (Elaine) will still be the only "girl" in the house! Fortunately, Thad treats me well and intends on teaching the boys to do so also. He is already teaching Kenan to open doors for "mommy" and I especially like it when Thad has him say he has a "pretty mommy". You don't get much more blessed than that. We did have to laugh a little bit when we were cleaning house Friday and I noticed Kenan kept calling me "Honey". I guess it is a case of monkey see, monkey do. So, think about that next time you go to say or do something in front of your kids! We plan to name our newest addition: Will Kendrick Poitevint after my granddaddy who was William Kendrick Massengale. I have wonderful memories of him from when I was a child. I would follow him around all day in his garden and I loved to go fishing with him! My favorite memory of him was what he would do when I was crying....he would cup his big 'ol hands and tell me to "cry me a handful". He passed away when I was in the 6th grade....but fortunately I have many great memories. When I was born, my mother tells me that she prayed that her parents would live long enough for me to remember them since I was the youngest of her children. God allowed me some special time with them and I am proud to name my next little boy after my "granddaddy".


3 Comments:
What a sweet story about your grandfather. Congrats on the news. We'll be finding out about little boys in about 3 months.
Laura sent me your link - fantastic story about your grandad.
It "got a little dusty in here" when I read it.
Fishing and gardening - my granddad was the same. What great memories.
God bless.
Hey guys! i am so happy for you. Elaine, you are lucky that the men in your life treat you the way they do. God has truly blessed your family! I love ya'll!
meredith mccall
Post a Comment
<< Home