
Things will be changin' soon......Kenan doesn't get it....he talks about "Baby Will" and he notices Mommy's obvious change in size....but he doesn't get it. One day I told him that Mommy and Daddy were going to bring a baby home to live with us soon and he responded, "Santa brings toys." So, I am afraid he is in for a shock. Thad and I are trying to do some things just for him before Will's arrival. We went to the zoo a few weeks ago and we went to Chuck E Cheese last week. Thad has been leaving work during lunch to meet us at the playpark from time to time also. We tell him as often as we can how much he is loved. I have been reading to him from a book called "Room in My Heart." I am explaining to him that there will always be a special place in my heart just for him. Still, he doesn't get it. Although I know every older sibling has gone through this, as a mother, my heart breaks at the thought of my little boy having to learn that his mommy's time will be divided. Thad and I laid in bed with Kenan for a little while last night because it was storming outside. I asked Thad, "Is it possible to love him anymore?" ---I don't think so. I look forward to loving Will just as much but until then I am cherishing my moments with Kenan. We pray for him so often that God would keep him safe and healthy. But, more importantly, we pray that he will accept Jesus Christ as his savior at an early age. It's frightening raising children in this day and age, but what a blessing to know that they are gifts from God.


1 Comments:
Gorgeous family!!! God has really bless you!
Love,
Annette Phillips
FBC McDonough Secretary
Post a Comment
<< Home