The Poitevints

Isaiah 26:3-4,8 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever,for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia

Thad and Elaine Married in June 2000

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Another Reason To Blog....
So, we're sitting a the dinner table tonight and Thad comments on Kenan starting Pre-K next year. He said I had a really odd look on my face. I guess I did because in my mind, my "baby" won't start Preschool for several years. Then it hit me, he will be 3 this October and 4 next year! No no, he is still a baby, right!?! Think again. He is using the potty now...well most of the time. He was getting rewards for going "pee pee" in the potty but they didn't seem to be working so now he loses toys when he doesn't use the potty. This is hard work for him and for me. My parents have promised to take him to the aquarium when he is potty trained. He wants to go see the "pink ones". (That is Kenan talk for penguins.) I asked my mom what my reward was for getting him potty trained since it feels like I am the one doing the hard work. Again, she gave me her standard answer..."You're just payin' for your raising." (This doesn't really make sense because she told me that I potty trained myself!) So, now I look at my little redheaded Will with his big blue eyes and I think, "You're gonna grow up on me too!" The truth is, I don't mind so much. What a privaledge to raise these boys. I remember before Kenan was born, I thought I wanted a little girl. But, you know what? There is something special about being the mama of boys. I used to hate that song called "Water Colored Ponies" by Wayne Watson. I thought, "what a melancholy song". Now, it makes me smile. As I told Thad, I want to enjoy each stage of their lives. I don't want to cry over them growing up and I don't want to wish away these days of late nights with a crying baby and cleaning up "accidents" for a toddler. Each moment is too precious. But, on that note, when you have boys, you have to know how to laugh things off. For instance, Kenan wiped a booger on his baby brother's face tonight. Yes, for those of you who aren't parents, it is totally gross. But, it is the least of my worries! Later tonight, Thad tells me that Kenan is calling me. We hear on the monitor, "Mama. Hey Mama. Mommy." I finally go in there and I say, "do you need something?" Kenan says, "I just want to talk." I know he is just buying time before he goes to sleep but boy it makes me feel good. Thanks for reading my blog. It's nice to share these moments with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home